Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Thai meal using powdered coconut milk

I had a hankering for some spicy Thai food.....

So I chopped up a bunch of veggies I had on hand and did my usual sauce....

Peanut butter
Soy sauce
Rice vinegar
Sugar
Red peppers
Coconut milk

What's not to like about that???

I also roasted some tofu chunks - sprinkled with more soy sauce and spices (garlic, basil, onion powder)



But the coolest thing was my new-found favorite way to have coconut milk!  I was shopping at the Asian market in Durham and saw that they had powdered coconut milk!  If you cook with coconut milk much, you know that often the recipe doesn't call for the entire, hugely caloric can.....this way you can measure out the correct amount.  It is amazing - the powder easily dissolves and it exactly the same rich consistency as the canned variety.  The rest went a baggie for later use.  (The little tin cost 99 cents!)




1 comment:

affectioknit said...

That looks delicious...you can make it for me sometime...haha...

Love,

T