Thursday, September 03, 2015

Frozen Avocados

I read about a neat trick to keep avocados from spoiling.  Also good to take advantage of the 99 cent sale the grocery store has sometimes!

Freeze them!! 

Yep, just wrap up a fresh, ripe avocado in plastic wrap a freeze.  Key is to put them in the freezer just as they're ripe.   Take out of the freezer an hour before you want to use to allow it to thaw.

These had been in the freezer for a couple of months.



Still fresh!   The texture is not quite the same - but very close.  I don't think I'd use them for sliced avocados on a salad, but for guacamole they're perfect.  (And that's really all I ever use them for anyway!)



Easy to scoop out the flesh and separate from the seed pod.



My ingredients - lemon juice, sweet onion, garlic,  and a cilantro cube.


Stir it all up!



Add some salsa and chips and dinner is served!


2 comments:

affectioknit said...

Amazing...I've never thought of that...and I'll definitely be doing that...

Love,

T

affectioknit said...

Amazing...I've never thought of that...and I'll definitely be doing that...

Love,

T