Friday, January 08, 2016

Happy New Year!

Yes, we're still alive and well!

Just haven't been doing anything worth taking a picture of lately - just chores around the house mostly and suffering through all this chilly, dreary weather!!

I did do some major "purging" at the airport.  In the business, I have kept every invoice, receipt, bill, daily report, employee time card,  customer credit card receipt, etc......for 20 years!  It has gotten a little out-of-hand.  So, I read that the IRS actually recommends that you keep certain items for 3 years and some for 6 years.  (Real estate documents, etc. you keep forever).

I started looking through stuff....but eventually dumped entire boxes in the dumpsters.



I had boxes stuffed in every spot available.   I filled 3 of the green dumpsters you see on the right.



See - every check I ever wrote was stuffed in boxes like this - actually 19 of them!



By the end of the day, this is what it looked like.  I'm saving everything from 2009 up.....and every year now, I'll just dump the appropriate box to keep it under control!


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

What a good idea...I should keep a numbered box like that...

Love,

T