Friday, March 25, 2016

Grandma's 100th Birthday!!!

Quite a milestone to reach 100 years!!!  My grandmother, Helen Thomas Hall, was 100 years Monday!

I must have forgotten to push "publish" on this blog post because I just came to the blog after a busy week and see that you didn't see this on Monday like I had intended.  Oh well.


Think of all the changes she's seen in the world.

I think of her as a honest, warm but frankly spoken, supporter of her church and conservative views.  Plus that lovely white hair used to be a dark auburn!  And I'm the only grandchild that benefited from those genes!


The birthday cake from Sam's Club.


 And if you haven't seen this on Facebook already....mom arranged for Sam's Club to give us the big sheet cake for FREE to honor the 100th birthday!  Very COOL from corporate America!



She had ALOT of visitors!  Some she knew, some she didn't!  But she was a real trouper for several hours.



My uncle David up  from Florida for the occasion.  All her children lots of the extended family attended.




Teresa, Robert and I drove up from Concord to the party.






Wonder what Grandma is thinking in this snapshot!!!



And I'm sure she wouldn't mind this photo.....after most of the guests were gone....she took a well-deserved nap right in her chair!  What a great milestone!



1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Very nice representation of the day. Pictures are great. MOM