Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Window treatment update

Our window treatments have been untouched since 1995!!  I think it is time for an update!

The "before" shot of the dining room.



Like I said, they really haven't been touched in 20 years....I removed all the complicated structure for the drapes and took down the old two aluminum mini-blinds.  (And patched the holes in the sheetrock!)







I had ordered the blinds online, custom made to fit the large opening.



And the "after" shot.  My original thought was to just have the blind, no other window treatment since that appears to be the current style.  But there was just too much "white" in the room.  So,  I put the original valance back up, at least temporarily.  It was easy since I didn't have to put back all that complicated structure to hold the valance out in "space".

I'm pleased with the more modern effect. Definitely more attractive than the two separate mini-blinds!   I'm planning to paint this room green - and since there will be contrast,  I may be able to take the valance away at that point, or possibly go with a different style.  Stay tuned!




1 comment:

affectioknit said...

It's so nice...you're getting practically a whole new house...

Love,

T