Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Some more flowers

The last of the amaryllis bloomed. Amazing span between blooms all within 10 feet of each other. This bloom is the second shoot from a bulb that already bloomed once a few weeks ago.  Not sure I've had one bulb bloom twice in one year before.


A friend gave me some "bee's balm" last year - pretty flower and I've seen several hummingbirds near them.



And strangely, I've still got a few iris blooms - extremely late for them to be in bloom.


I donned some good gloves and moved some prickly pear cactus  -  it was previously in the edge of the woods and just wasn't too "happy".  It looks bright and healthy now after just a week.  That's it - not much happening!


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

...pretty...I bet the bee balm smells just like Earl Grey...

Love,

T